Saturday 2 August 2014

July Favourites

This is my first attempt at writing a monthly favourites and it's been a bit difficult picking just a few products as my favourites as I tend to have a lot of products that I love on rotation constantly so there's a huge list.


I'll start off with my favourite lip products this month; the first is a lip balm that I got free with a magazine last month and that's the Rodial STEMCELL Superfood Glam Balm. This lip balm is amazing, it's so moisturising and it last for hours on the lips; it is pretty expensive but I can definitely say I'll purchase is when this one runs out. Next up is my ultimate Mac Lipstick in Up The Amp which is beautiful purple shade in an Amplified finish, I find this is a way to wear a striking lip shade that is also  easily wearable  and I get so many compliments when I wear this.
The other two lip favourites are from L'oreal one is the Glam Matte in Zip It Rouge and the other is Glam Shine Stain Splash in Milady, I only got these late in the month but I haven't stopped wearing them since they both give a lovely colour to the lips and last for hours. The Glam Matte is also not drying and I would say is more velvet in finish that the flaky mattes you usually get.


I've been really needing to stay matte in this ridiculous heat so I've been relying on a few matte heroes to help, for primers I've been loving the POREfessional and I've just picked up a brand new full size but I find it's a bit too expensive for every day use so even though it is my all time favourite I do like to use something a little more budget friendly for day-to-day use. The two products I like to use on a daily basis are No7 Beautifully Matte Make Up Base and Rimmel Stay Matte Primer these both work as well as the POREfessional but I find these do dry my skin out a lot more so they require my skincare to me more hydrating than usual, none the less these are the best budget matte primers I have come across.
The other step I take to keeping my skin matte is a setting spray I've got two that I'm currently using and loving and they are the MUA Pro-Base Fixing Mist and the Pretty Make Up Setting Spray, both of which are budget but still do the job right. These both keep my make up in place and keep me matte for at least triple the time I would usually get out of my make up.


Next up is my newest base love the Holika Holika Petit BB cream, this is an original Korean BB cream and I can see that they definitely got it right before the western versions all got spewed out. This really is perfect it gives a flawless finish and blends in seamlessly with the skin, I've since made an order for more Korean make up and skincare as I want to see what else they have to offer. This also contains SPF30 and I got the clearing version which I'm hoping will help me clear up my skin whilst also hiding the blemishes I already have.

I've also been loving the Makeup Revolution Viivid Blush Lacquer in Rush, this is so easy to apply and blends like a dream which really helps my 5am make up application a lot quicker, it also gives an amazing finish and a lovely wash of colour. The next step in my make up that's been creeping up the favourites list is a product I've been using not for it's intended use, I'm a rebel what can I say. I've been using the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Stick in Trespassing Taupe to contour, this is a matte taupe shade that works excellent as a natural looking contour and blends out wonderfully but is pigmented enough to stay around. I did have a difficult job getting my hands on this as most stockists don't seem to have it and those that do just have half used testers.

I picked up the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara after seeing everyone rave about it and having smudged mascara under my lashes one too many times, they were right to rave because this stuff is a God send. This mascara has a tiny brush that gets the little lashes and the formula is sturdy enough to resist all weather. This has quickly become a staple and definite favourite closely followed by Benefit's Speed Brow, while everyone was shouting their love for Gimme Brow I was slowly falling in love with this little beauty. This gel sets my bushy brows for the day and I never have any problems with them going astray, this also helps to shape my brows into the shape I like them; an absolute blessing.
Another brow product that I've been getting a lot of use out of is the Mavala Switzerland Double-Lash serum which uses snail gel to encourage growth in the lashes but I use it on my brows as well. This really does work, it gives me fuller lashes and brows which is why I've repurchased it multiple times. I tried using different products but nothing works as well as this, this is a total staple now.



A skincare favourite is the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner which I got as a replacement for my Alpha H Liquid Gold but I have to say I actually prefer this, it's got a tingle to it which makes me feel like it's actually doing something. This has really helped get my skin back on track this month and I'm so grateful for it, I can see this being a constant repurchase in the future. The other thing I've been loving that is a little bit gross is an extractor, this has helped me deal with blemishes without causing a lot of damage to the skin; it also helps remove all the tiny blackheads that develop around my nose.

I've been loving this next product for ages, it's the Boots Expert Build Up Removal Shampoo which I've  currently been using to remove the coloured semi-permanent dye from the ends of my hair. This get's rid of product build up and dye from your hair without stripping it, to help with any dryness this might cause I like to go in with the John Frieda Miraculous Recovery Intense Masque which helps to keep my ends looking glossy and healthy; I've tried a lot of different hair masks and this is the only one that actually helps repair the damage I've done to my hair.

The final product is a Body Mist from The Body Shop in Vanilla, this actually smells like real vanilla as opposed to most of the fake vanilla fragrances you get. This is a fine mist that stays with you all day, I often get a whiff of this when I'm getting ready for bed hours after I first applied it. I often reach for this body mist over most of my more expensive fragrances because of it's lasting power and heavenly vanilla scent.


The rest of the items on my favourites are not make up items but random favourites, I'll start with my favourite blogger which has to be Gh0stparties because she just has the best writing style and covers a variety of subjects. Favourite Youtuber has to go to Caroline Hirons for her amazing videos full off great advise and her utterly beautiful personality. TV show of the month has to be Prison Break which I'm watching on Netflix from the beginning and cannot get enough of, plus there are so many hotties I can't even cope. Book of the month is The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides which I finished his month, I've been looking to read books that movies I loved are based on and this was one of them; the film starred Kirsten Dunst and was a favourite of mine in my teens. Last but not least is Barry, my ultimate favourite.


No comments:

Post a Comment