Monday 11 August 2014

Top Ten - Pauline Parkes

Ever since I first showed an interest in make up there has been one woman who's opinion I always trusted, my Auntie Pauline always seemed so fancy to me with her beautiful make up and constantly looking beautiful so when I decided to start this blog series she was one of the first people I thought of. This is a woman who has years of tried and tested experience of products so when she gives her opinion I am guaranteed it is a good product, so without further adieu here are her Top Ten


Olay beauty fluid – £5.99 per 200ml
This product is such a bargain! I have repurchased this repeatedly every 6-7 weeks, I buy it where ever it is on special over, Tesco, Boots, Superdrug, mostly at Tesco as I do my food shop there each week so it’s convenient to pick up. It is a beauty fluid for normal/dry/combination skin, this moisturiser is pink in colour and light in texture. It makes no big claims or promises it’s just a face and neck moisturiser which I have used since my late 20s, and it suites my skin and I like this very much.

Olay anti-wrinkle cream – 50m l £9.99 
I get this for £4.99 on a half price offer, you can usually get it at this price if you shop around which I do for this product as it’s only a small amount and I think full price it is a bit expensive . I’ve only just started to use this in the last few months but I like it already.  It’s an anti-wrinkle cream for sensitive skin to use at night, it’s not sticky and absorbs well into the skin. It is light pink in colour and has no smell, I like it as a night moisturiser as it is a cream instead of the above which I use to use both day and night.  I think as you get older to use a cream at night gives the skin time to absorb it without any other product to react against it.

No7 Stay Perfect foundation –£15 per 30m
I like this because it’s not expensive and it gives good coverage with a small amount. I have been using this for about 2 years, before that I used Clinque but I find that the colour match with No 7 suits me better. I buy it from boots and I like to buy it when I get the discount vouchers from boots for No7. I have the shade Warm Beige and its light and goes on nicely  with up to 24 hour wear; I’ve found it does come off in places but I think that is my skin rather than the product. This has an SPF 15 and it is the best foundation I have used as it does last longer on my skin than most other foundations, even high end products.

       Clinique Eye Concealer - £16 .33 fl oz.
 Although this is a bit pricey it does go a long way so it is worth it as it’s made by Clinque. I have used this for a number of years and I always come back to this product – not all shops sell this so I normally get it from Boots. As this is an under eye concealer, I like to use it because it is light on the delicate part of my eyes. This reduces the appearance of dark circles and puffiness around the eyes and blends well with my foundation; although it does not cure it does do what it says.

Brazilian Keratin Smooth shampoo - £6.99
I buy this from larger Tesco supermarkets as I have there and boots are the only places I can find it. This is a shampoo that isn’t too expensive and is one of the best hair products I have ever used.  I started using this shampoo in May 2014 and have bought multiple hair products from the range since realising how good this is. This is a shampoo for wavy/ curly hair; it comes in a bronze in colour and smells of coconut. This really helps to smooth and straighten my hair and my hair feels great after I use this and is easier to dry and stays straighter longer. I’ve had people commented on my hair since I started using this!

Brazilian Keratin Smooth Conditioner –£6.99
I usually pick this up at the same time as the shampoo because it’s often on 2 for £10. This is the conditioner counterpart of the shampoo and really helps to keep my hair feeling healthy and helps my hair to stay straight for longer.  


Brazilian Keratin Therapy Flat Iron Spray –£6.99
This is another product from the Brazilian Keratin range, I use this on dry hair with while I’m straightening my hair with my straighteners its brilliant; it does help to make my hair straighter and sleeker. I’ve found that this his makes it less of a hassle to style my hair than normal and leaves my hair looking sleek and smooth.

L’Oreal Paris Elvive smooth Intense - £6.99
This lasts forever, I buy this where ever it is on special offer, although it’s not expensive compared to other brands it is still nice to get a bargain. I have used this for a good long time; maybe 6 years!!  This is an Anti-Frizz serum which you put on wet hair, as I have fizzy hair I like to put this in to give my hair some oil, it helps when I am drying it. It is clear in colour and has no smell.

Garnier Body – Intense 7 Days
You can pick this up at Superdrug for around £5 –I’ve only been using this for about 6 weeks but I really like it, smells of coconut and I have used this on my body and have noticed it was great on my feet; dry skin has really improved. It’s not too greasy on the skin and absorbs really well.

Glimmer Stick - eye brow definer in Blond - £3.99

This is made by Avon and is a bargain at £3.99 – I have been using this for years because it is super easy to use, you just twist up and use; the colour is great and it’s not too dark for my skin tone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment