Friday 1 August 2014

Bad Week = Good Haul.


I'm going to start this haul off with the big guns, I'd been eyeing this up for the longest time since seeing so many bloggers rave about it and when I saw it in Blush Beauty Loughborough I had to have it. This is The Balms NUDE'tude Eyeshadow Palette, coming in at £26 this was my "splurge" of the day; a  beautiful 12 shades of mattes and shimmers. Let's address the packaging, what a beauty; although I'm not a fan of the cardboard packaging the design is absolutely lovely. I have swatched the shades and I have to say most of them are shades I'd use over other mattes from my collection as these are all more "stand out" shades. I'll probably do a full review at a later date.



Next I'll do the round up of my bargain lipsticks (also from Blush Beauty), I got one full lipstick and they also had "testers" on sale for £1 so I thought I'd pick up a couple of shades I wouldn't usually buy to try out before purchasing the actual product. The full lipstick was the Rimmel Colour Show Off Lipstick in Shake-Up Pink which is a beautiful pale pink that's not quite matte but also super creamy. The packaging again for this is so sleek and beautiful, I have to say I think Rimmel are pretty close quality to Mac but half the price. Now for the "testers" I got Rimmel Lasting Finish in Heart Breaker which I wore as soon as I got out of the shop and am now 100% in love with. Next up was Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Matte in 110 which is a matte bright pink which is still really creamy and doesn't feel like it will dry out the lips, I'm super excited to wear this out. Last but not least is the Rimmel Moisture Renew in Nude Delight which is something new for me as I'm not a nude lip kind of girl but I'm looking forward to trying out and seeing if I can make it work.

I then picked up three (yes three) brow pencils as I've been looking to switch up my eyebrow routine so I grabbed up three of the darkest ones I could find. After doing some research I knew already I wanted to give the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil a go, I got the Black/Brown which comes with a little brush on the lid that could come in handy. Next I got the La Femme Eyebrow Pencil in Black which is probably the closest match to my eyebrows and the Laval Twist Up Eyebrow Pencil in black, I've not worked out how to work these yet but I'll be trying these out over the next few weeks.


I then grabbed another Kaeso product from Blush Beauty as I am in love with most of their range, they're both good quality and affordable. I got the Hydrating Balm Mint and Cotton face mask which I have on right now and it's bloody lovely. I'll see how this compares to my Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask.


I then nipped in Boots and got a few hair bits because recently my hair has just been letting me down. The first thing was another Frizz Ease Miraculous Recovery Mask because I cannot be without this, it is the best hair mask I have ever tried and it helps treat my bleached and damaged ends. With that in mind I also picked up another mask in the form of the Herbal Essence Soft Waves Intensive Mask as I do like to try a new mask every now and again just in case it brings something new to the table. The final thing I picked up was the Charles Worthington Volume and Bounce Texturizing Spray as I've heard so many bloggers rave about this and it's been compared to the Orbie product, plus it was on offer so obviously I had to get it.

Then there was part two, I went to Debenhams and picked myself up the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. I've been wanting one of the Naked palettes since I got the Naked Basics and my love affair began, these are the holy grail of palettes as far as most bloggers are concerned and I couldn't agree more. The shades are buttery soft and although there is slight fall out from some shades it's very minimal compared to a lot of more expensive brands, I think £37 is really reasonable price for 12 beautiful shades considering MAC shades are around £15 each. This also came with 4 samples of the Primer Potion in Original, Eden, Sin and Anti-Aging which I'm all too excited to try as I seem to have tried every eye shadow primer under the sun and my eye shadow always ends up creased within 5 hours.

Whilst at the Urban Decay stand I also picked up one of their lipsticks in Rapture which is a beautiful your lips but better shade, this is so creamy and pigmented but doesn't transfer when you're eating or drinking. I can tell this is a shade that I'll get a lot of wear out of and that will definitely be worth the £15 price tag.


Next up I grabbed Benefits The POREfessional as I have a sample size of this but I figured I pick up a full size so that I'd never be without this bad boy. This is the only primer that gives me the flawless finish while keeping me matte longer than 5 minutes, there are a few budget primers that do almost as good a job as this  but for special occasions I like to have something a little more fancy.

I also stopped in at Superdrug and picked up the Sleek i-Divine Palette in Oh So Special because it has some beautiful pale pink shades and some stunning buttery shimmers all for £7.99. I have another of the Sleek Palettes that is more bright shimmery so I wanted to try out another of their more wearable palettes, this is a palette that I can see myself getting lots of wear out of.

Then a couple of items I'd ordered turned up, I got the La Femme Liquid Blusher which I tried out as soon as I got home and the formula is absolute perfection; it's creamy and blendable whilst also being super pigmented. I can tell me and this blusher are going to get along just fine. The other item that turned up was the Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright which I've been wanting to try for a while, this is a brightening treatment which I'm hoping will help reduce the hyper-pigmentation caused by acne. I'll probably do an update post on this once I give it a good few weeks.

The final product I got was a huge bargain, I had a little sniff of this the other week and fell in love; this is the Primark He Loves Me Eau De Toilette which smells remarkably like a certain Marc Jacobs Fragrance but for £6. If you can ignore the super tacky lid on this then it's a lovely fragrance, it's light fruity and floral which is perfect for the summer months. I'd definitely suggest giving this a try as it's £6 for 50ml so you can't really go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment