Wednesday 30 July 2014

Disappointing Products

Most products I put a lot of research into before buying so I don't end up disappointed however sometimes I make impulse buys that aren't always successful, most times I do end up pleasantly surprised but I thought I'd share my recent batch of disappointing products.



First up is a nude lipstick that sounded appealing but ended up being a dud, I picked up the Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Galactic Mauve a while ago and it looks like a beautiful nude shade but is actually a glittery mess. This just looks tacky on the lips and the worst part is that it smells awful, smells like playdoh which is made worse by the fact that it's right under your nose so you cannot get away from it. Epic Fail.

Another disappointed lip product is the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Luna, I actually love the rest of the shades in the line but this one was just a no go for me; it's a peachy nude but it's just not a good match for my skintone. This shade washes me out and makes me look like one of the walking dead, it was even more of a disappointment because I love formulation and the rest of the shades are beautiful and I was looking to add the perfect coral to the mix but was left disappointed.

Moving on to blush I have the L'oreal Nude Magique BB Blush which I picked up because it sounds like the perfect idea of a blush in liquid form that adapts to your skin but in reality it's a blotchy pink stain that you cannot blend and that is difficult to remove once it's on the skin. It says it's a universal rosy blush but this is far too bright for a natural rosy hue.

Next is the George at ASDA Creme Blush in Coral which I was expecting to be very similar to the MUA cream blushes but this just isn't as blendable and is just not a wearable shade. I thought this would be a sheer wash of coral but wearing this makes you look more like a clown than anything, I've still not found a way to make this work but I still live in hope that one day this might be that perfect creamy coral hue.

I was recently wanted to try out a green concealer as I have a lot of redness around my nose that I wanted to cancel out, I picked up the Natural Collection Green Corrector Stick which is a pale green shade that I figured would be easier to blend into the skin. This is a tad to powdery to work as a concealer around my nose because it creases within half an hour of application. I picked up the Gosh green concealer after this and it's much easier to work with even though it's a more vibrant shade of green.

I picked up a Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paint in Rich Russet after hearing so many good reviews about it but I think my eyelids must be far too oily for this to stay on me because it doesn't even blend onto the lids without separating out. I've not tried any other shades to see if it's just this one shade because I have far too many cream eyeshadows to get through already.

I'm not much of a nail polish person because working in a laboratory I'm not allowed to have nail polish on but every so often there is a shade that makes me stop and put the effort in to paint my nails. One such shade was Barry M Gelly Nails in Papaya, this is a beautiful peachy orange shade that I loved wearing one weekend until I came to take it off and realised it had stained my nails a horrible yellow colour. It's a lovely colour but it's not worth wearing as my nails look horrible for weeks after.

Moving on to skincare I have the Soap & Glory No Clogs Allowed self heating mask, the idea of this is excellent but it's just not that great. I got this while it was on offer to use instead of the Sactuary offering but it was a waste of money because this just doesn't work for me, I can't seem to get it to turn blue and heat up properly like it's supposed to but it just will not work.

The second skin care item is something most bloggers rave about; Hydraluron. This just does nothing for me, I used this every day for six weeks but it just didn't improve my skin at all. Hydraluron isn't exactly cheap either which is the worst part about it, I spent £24 on a serum that does absolutely nothing for me. Not good.

I have one final product for this list and it's hair product for this list and it's the Umberto Giannini Root Boost Volume Spray For Big Hair which luckily I got at the reduced section in Boots but this is just a useless product, I spray this in my roots and they end up crispy and stick which ruined my hair and I had to wash it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment