Monday 14 July 2014

Make Up Brushes 101

Make up brushes are key to getting that perfect finish for your make up, I don't spend a huge amount on brushes as I'm more of a budget girl; so I thought I'd give you the run down of my make up brush collection.


The first honourable mention obviously goes to Real Techniques, the Chapman Sisters definitely got this right. There are a multitude of brushes to "collect" from sets to individual brushes, they are amazing quality and are seriously affordable. I have the core collection (minus the contour brush that I lost, devastated), the starter set, the expert face brush, the blush brush, the kabuki brush and the powder brush. These are my go to brushes for day-to-day use as they give me the most natural look with the perfect finish.

The So Eco set are my second in commands, they are so soft and beautifully made. I got this set at Tesco when it was on offer but it can now be found on Fragrance Direct; the set contains a finishing brush, a blush brush, a foundation brush and an eye shading brush. The eye shading brush I'm not a fan of but the rest are sheer perfection. These brushes an be picked up for around £15 so they're more mid scale price.

The last set are my eBay bargains, these are a set of 10 brushes that are pretty good quality for the price; I wouldn't use them for foundation application but for blush/powder they're a dream. These are definitely one I'd suggest for beginners and people on a tight budget, you can pick them up through various sellers on eBay but the ones I got were from here.

I like to keep my brushes in separate containers so I can find them easier and I picked mine up for around £2 at various places but any old tin will do! To keep my brushes super clean I like to wash them every 1-2 uses with Dr Bronners Magic 18-in-1 Soap, you can pick this up everywhere in so many different scents but the lavender has to be my favourite! You can pick the lavender scented one here.

No comments:

Post a Comment