Tuesday 22 July 2014

Ten Things I Couldn't Live Without

There are a few things in this world that I couldn't live without, other than the obvious; these things are items I have with me at all times and/or have back ups of!

Firstly is a good cleansing oil; since I found cleansing oils I've not looked to anything else to remove my make up, nothing else gets make up off as good as a cleansing oil for the first part of a double cleanse. Even I was to only have one cleanser it would have to be a cleansing oil, a good cleansing oil will turn milky when you add water and shouldn't leave an oily residue. I have two current favourites; The Body Shop Chamomile Silky Cleansing Oil and the No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Oil, they're both beautiful and silky soft.

The second item on my could not do without list is not a specific brand or item but just Lip Balm in general, as a girl I'm inclined to have a lip balm with me but I take it to the extreme; I have more lip balms than I can count. I keep a lip balm with me at all times because I get the worst case of chapped lips ever. Lip balm is also super handy if you get split skin around your nails!! I've done a post on my favourite lip balms here.

The third item on this list is Mavala Double-Lash, my eyelashes started falling out when I first got ill and nothing would stop until I found this bad boy! I use this on my lashes and brows and it's seriously helped beef them up. The super secret ingredient in this may put some people off; it's snail secretions (ewwww). As grossed out as I was 4 month in to using this when I actually read the ingredients this stuff really works and I now couldn't be without.

The fourth wonderful item on this list is the Balance Active Formula Hyaluronic 554 Youth Serum which I picked up at TKmax as I was thoroughly unimpressed by Hydraluron Serum and boy was I pleasantly surprised. This is everything I dreamed Hydraluron would be, it leaves the skin plump and hydrated; I use this before my moisturiser every morning and night. I'm so obsessed with this I pick up one every time I see them in a shop because I'm so paranoid I'll run out!

Fifth is the all time holy grail item for the summer heat and the genuine struggle with my oil slick face, this is the MUA Pro-Base Fixing Mist; I use this every day without fail as my make up won't last 2 minutes without it. At first I wasn't a fan because I thought the spray wasn't fine enough but I've now realised that the not-so fine spray is what creates the stay-all-day effect. I always thought fix sprays were a scam but now I've given one a shot I'm definitely hooked.

The sixth bloody awesome product is the Beauty Formulas Radiate & Glow Brightening Facial Mask, this is a sheet mask for 59p that will blow your mind. I also bought one of these after being disappointed by the Hydraluron Sheet Masks; suffice to say that I have not been loving the Hydraluron range, although I do love other Indeed Labs products. This mask leaves my skin looking beautiful and I get so many compliments after using this. I pick this up in bulk whenever I'm in savers as for 59p it is an utter bargain.

The seventh instalment of this list is the Vaseline Spray & Go, I'll be honest I am lazy when it comes to moisturising so this answered all my prayers. It's so easy to spray this on and give it a quick rub in then I'm good to go, it has made moisturising less of a chore for me and saved me all the time/effort of the hassle. Again I thought these were just some fad product that was just a con but after picking one up in a Boots 3 for 2 I fell in love and I haven't looked back since.

Eighth is the iconic Batiste Dry Shampoo, as a greasy haired girl this is a must have; I use this in between washes when my roots need a little refresh. This dry shampoo is the most powerful I've found, I saw a tip about spraying it into the hair and leaving it  good ten minutes before brushing it out; seriously try it. I used to find this left the grey tint to the hair but when you leave it for ten minutes it has more time to absorb so it doesn't leave a grey cast. Serious life saver!

Number nine is a bit of an odd one, I have a bit of a hatred for public toilets so I always have a hand sanitizer with me. I used to have the normal gel hand sanitizer  but since I found the Dr Bronners Organic Fair Trade Hand Sanitizing Spray I've been addicted. This is so much easier to use because it is a spray and it also smells like lavender which is a lot better than the alcohol scent you usually get. This hand sanitizer also doesn't dry out your hands like some others do which is a good thing if you're constantly cleaning your hands like me.




The tenth and final thing on this list is BARRY!!!

Barry is my five year old Horsefield tortoise, I don't think I could ever love anything else as much as I do this little critter! I'd gladly give up the other nine items on this list as long as I had him. He is just the cutest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment