Sunday 6 July 2014

All Year Round Lip Saviours


Lip balms and other lip products are a staple for me, I suffer from dry cracked lips all year round and with my love of lipsticks I require a lot of maintenance. I thought I'd do a round up of my all time lip saviours, some I have used for years and others are a recent find but they're all damn good:

Nuxe - reve de miel
This is my go to lip balm when I'm in desperate need of soft lips fast, even after one application of this you can really feel the difference. It is expensive at £9.50 but it will last you a long time if you use it correctly (by this I mean not smothering it on in a huge layer that wastes a lot of product). I've recently picked up the stick version which I think I prefer for on the go application and think it will waste a lot less product. The stick version is slightly cheaper at £5.50 and if you want to test it out I'd suggest getting the stick form first. The only real problem with this is that it isn't available from many places but Marks and Spencer do stock it in their beauty halls.

Soap and Glory - Smooch Operator
This is probably the closest you can get to a "dupe" of the Reve de Miel, it comes in the same style little pot and gives pretty much the same results, although this is missing the amazing scent. This can be picked up at Boots for £5, but I picked mine up when it was on offer; and is well worth it plus a lot easier to get your hands on that the Nuxe offering.

PapayaGold - Paw Paw
I picked this up after I saw Lily Pebbles mention it (again I picked this up when it was on offer, I'm a thrifty kind of gal) and I'm so glad I did, this can not only be used as a lip balm but also helps with those pesky dry patches. I use this around my nose when it gets sore from Hay Fever and this is also widely available at Boots for £5.99.

The Body Shop - Lip Butter
I have loved these little beauties for a long time, they've got me through a lot of chapped lips nightmares; they are so creamy and smell amazing. I have multiple flavours and I love them all, I think it's good we are given the variety of flavours so we can mix it up a little bit. These are available in The Body Shop for £4 and come in every flavour you can dream of, my favourite has to be blueberry!

The Body Shop - BORN LIPPY Lip Balms
These are the balm version of the butters, they are more of a thick consitency and stay on the lips instead of sinking in like a butter would. I prefer these for when I'm going for a make up free day but just want a sheen to the lips. Again these come in all the flavours you can think of and are just £2 each at The Body Shop.

Rodial - STEMCELL super-food glam balm
I got this lip balm free with my copy of Red Magazine and it's a beauty, It is very moisturizing and stays on the lips for hours, it's supposed to have lip plumping properties but I've not really noticed any plumping. For me his is just a good on the go lip balm that gives a nice velvet finish and leaves your lips feelong lovely. You can get the full size at allbeauty.com.

Malin + Goetz - Lip moisturizer
This was another magazine freebie that I got this month, I got a little set of 3 Malin + Goetz product samples and this was one of them. It is very similar to the Rodial one in consitency and finish but I find this one to be just that tiny bit more moisturizing, I like this for when I'm going to bed to smother over the lips to have them looking fabulous the next morning. You can find the full size of this at SpaceNK.

No comments:

Post a Comment