Saturday 19 July 2014

July Hauling!

I’ve been #FeelingSpendy this month so I thought I’d share a sort of “Haul”, these things were picked up all through July so far and made a huge dent in my bank balance!

First up is the w7 eye shadow palette I picked up off eBay for £5.49 including delivery, these are such good quality eye shadows that are super pigmented and blend easily. Although I don’t own the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette from what I have seen of it I would say this is a definite dupe; but for £30 less! These beautiful “rose gold” shades are a mixture of three mattes, four shimmers and five satin finishes; these are all easily wearable for day, evening and night.

Next are a few more lip crayons to add to my collection, I picked up two of the new Collection Lip Butters and snatched up a set of three Academy of Colour Lip Balm Sticks off eBay. The Collection Lip Butters were on 2 for £5 at Superdrug so I got Perfect Plum and Vintage Rose; these are closer to a lipstick than most lip crayons I’ve tried and I’d probably compare them most to Revlon Lip Butters. They don’t last too well on their own but with a touch of Lipcote over the top they are pure perfection. The set of Academy of Colour crayons were £3.99 including delivery and are more of a sheer lip crayon; there is a pale pink shade, a red shade and my favourite is the pale purple shade which I’d call a sheer version of MAC’s Up the Amp lipstick. These are so creamy soft and can give a sheer wash of colour or can be built up for a more intense look.

I then picked up the Colour Infallible shadow in Poundland, I got two of these but can’t seem to locate the other one! These are the French version and are a matte finish which I actually prefer because they’re easier to wear in the day. I have quite a few of these now and I actually don’t reach for them as much because they are so shimmery so I’m hoping these will be more wearable.





I also quickly picked up some more Soap & Glory Dr Spot as it was 1/3 off; this is my go to spot treatment (other than the Duac prescribed by my doctor) as it is very affective but not too harsh. It does contain AHA’s though so wearing a sunscreen after using this is advised but I tend to wear a high spf everyday anyway.

Natural Collection had their usual 3 for £5 offer on so I took the chance to pick up another couple of their blushes which are my go to day pick; I got Sweet Cheeks and Rosey Glow. These are good for a subtle glow which is what I like for day-to-day use, they last well even in this awful heat. For my third item I picked up one of their eye shadows in Butterscotch; it’s a satin finish pale cream shade which is perfect for an all over base colour..


During a trip to Wilkinsons for some necessities I was browsing the Essence stand and figured for under £4 I had to try out one of their All about Nudes palettes; it has six shades all of which are shimmer. I thought they’d be mediocre quality but these blend and last amazingly. There are two pink shades, a cream shade, two taupe shades and a deep red shade so not your usual “nudes” palette but it works exceptionally well.




I don’t think I can go into a Superdrug  without picking up some new treat from MUA, this month I picked up their Matte Perfect Primer and their Starry Night palette; the primer will probably get a lot of use but the palette is something I think I’d only reach for when I want a specific look. The primer works well; like a toned down version of the POREfessional primer, it leaves you more velvet than matte but will be useful once this summer craziness has calmed down. The palette is full of shimmer blue/grey and pink/purple shades which are something I would mainly reach for on a night out as I tend to go more matte or satin for day and evening looks.

I picked up two face masks this month; one that I love and one that I am unimpressed by. I picked up the Soap & Glory No Clogs Allowed mask which I wanted to love but can’t quite seem to get to grips with; the instructions say to rub the mask in until it turns blue and heats up, I can get it to heat up but no matter what I do the mask stays white! The other is the Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox mask which is all I hoped the Soap & Glory offering would be, I picked this up after seeing Amelia Liana rave about it and good lord was she right!

After an awful day at work I stopped in at The Cutting Room to pick up the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner and the lovely lady told me if you got two items then you’d also get a choice of three Super Samples free; I was sold! For my second item I picked up the Blush Prodige, I have one of these already and it is my all time favourite blush; I got the shade Miami Pink and I can tell I’ll get a lot of wear out of it and my other shade I picked up 2 years ago and it’s still going strong! The three free Super Samples I got were the HydraQuench cream, the Multi-Active Day cream  and the Extra-Firming Tightening Lift Botanical serum; all of which I am loving.



The final thing I was most excited for was my Make Up Revolution order; I was trying to wait it out until I could swatch things in store but I caved and made a cheeky £20 order last week, it turned up this morning and boy was it worth it. I got the Ultra Blush Palette which has a mixture of blushes, contour and highlight shades all for £6! The shades are beautiful and highly pigmented; my favourite has to be the silver highlight shade. I then got a couple of the Vivid Blush Lacquers in Desire and Rush, these are AMAZING; for £3 you get a super pigmented cream/liquid blush that is so beautiful and leaves a lovely velvet finish that won’t come off until you remove it. Obviously I couldn’t resist getting one of the much hyped palettes so I picked up the Romantic Smoked, a beautiful mix of 6 mattes and 6 shimmers for £4. I’ve not made a look with these yet but I can tell I’ll love them already! The last thing I got from Make Up Revolution was one of their Salvation Intense Lacquers, think Rimmel Apocalips but £3 and more velvet. I got the shade Didn’t I tell you but I’ll be ordering a few more as soon as possible! I’d highly suggest making an order as delivery is only £2.95 and it’s super speedy.




No comments:

Post a Comment