Saturday 26 July 2014

Mascaras of the Moment!

I've got seven different mascaras on the go at the moment, I use a different mascara based on the look I'm going for and depending the mood I'm in. I've picked these mascaras up over the past few months and I love pretty much all of them.


The first one I picked up was the L'oreal Volume Million Lashes in extra-black for £10.99 at Boots, this has a plastic wand and an excess wiper which means that you don't get too much product on the wand. This mascara gives you thick fluttery lashes but with a natural look, not too in your face but beautiful fuller lashes. This lasts pretty well too, I work in an extremely hot laboratory and this lasts a good 7-8 hour; there is a little smudging and flaking but not more than usual.

The second and my least favourite is the Rimmel GlamEyes Day2Night in Black for £7.99 again at Boots, this is supposed to be a mascara that can be taken from day to night using the "magic" cap; basically it is one bristle wand with a larger amount of product dispensed for a night time look and a tighter cap to remove product for a more natural day look. This is a good idea but it is executed poorly, the "day" product is excellent but the "night" is awful clumpy mess. The amount of product dispensed for the "night" look is way too much, it would have been better to have a plastic want for this product so that too much product couldn't be harboured in the bristles. The "day" mascara however is an absolute dream, I'm not one for bristle mascara wands but this gives beautiful long separated lashes that look beautiful. It holds a curl well but does cause some flaking throughout the day.


Next I went a little more high end when I picked up Benefit They're Real which comes in at a hefty £19.50, I was expecting this to give me amazing lashes and I'll be honest I was kind of disappointed. Don't get me wrong I Like this mascara, it does give length and volume but it's just a bit meh; I think the formula is just a bit thick which can lead to a clumpy look if you're not careful. I use this mascara mostly for evening looks as I find it's a bit too much for my every day look, I also like to go in with a clean spoolie and separated all the lashes so it's not too clumpy and last well without flaking.


The most budget friendly of the bunch and my go to for daytime is the George Lash Xtend mascara that I picked up for £3.50 as Asda, this has a plastic wand that separates and lengthens lashes beautifully. This is what a day time version of they're real would be, this lasts a whole day and doesn't lose the curl. This mascara is a god send for those days where you want a natural lash but with beautiful longer fuller look.


Another high end mascara is the Lancome Hypnose Drama which you can get in a double set from Boots for £33.00, this is definitely a more extreme look mascara and can be a little difficult to work with at first. It is a bristle brush but it's an S shape with flattened edges which is something I've never seen before. I find I need to wipe of some of the product before I use this as it can dispense a little too much product on the lashes if you're not careful. This lasts really well with minimal smudging/flaking and it holds a curl like nothing else! I definitely wouldn't suggest this for day time use as it is very dramatic.


I picked up the No7 Lash Adapt for £2 on sale at Boots but it's usually £12.99, this has a bristle wand and gives big fluttery lashes; it can be worn for day time or built up for a more dramatic look. It holds a curl very well but is susceptible to smudging and flaking is extreme heat , although to be honest it's not that big of a problem for normal conditions. I thought this was being discontinued but it looks like it's still available online so I'll be grabbing another tube when this runs out.

Lastly I finally got the Clinique Bottom Lash mascara for £13.00 at Boots, this is an amazing product; there's no smudging and flaking that you usually get with mascara on your bottom lashes. Using this really helps to open up the eyes, you don't realise how naked your bottom lashes look without mascara until you try this. The tiny bristle wand helps to really separate he bottom lashes and make them more visible, I don't tend to go right into the roots of my bottom lashes as I find that it causes the mascara to smudge. This may seem expensive for a mascara that you only use on your bottom lashes but you can definitely see a big difference when you use this.

This is my little collection of mascara I'm currently using and loving, I hope you enjoyed this as much as I'm enjoying these mascaras.

No comments:

Post a Comment