Saturday 12 July 2014

Crayon Confessions

I have a confession: I love anything make up related in crayon form, from lip crayons to concealer crayons I am a big kid. I have a huge collection of various make up crayons so I thought I'd give my loves and loathes

on the crayons of the make up world.

The first crayon that truly amazed me recently is the Soap & Glory - KICK ASS: Blur & Brighten Crayon Concealer  (£6.00 - Boots). This is super handy as a quick pick me up for the eyes, I got the shade Light and I find it excellent for those pesky under eye circles. The formula is creamy and blends easily, it isn't too shimmery and looks natural plus it lasts all day .

The other 2014 release that I loved was the No7- Pop & Glow cream blush (£9.95 - boots), I got the shade Mango sorbet which is a lovely peachy shade  that is easily blended and looks super fresh and natural. This comes is three shades and there is also a highlighter too, these are really handy for a quick application and I'd definitely recommend them.

The next crayon type I wish to discuss are eye shadow crayons, I've tried most of them and there's only two budget ones I'd recommend. The first are the Rimmel Scandaleyes, I only really like a couple of the shades mainly matte ones and I find the shimmery shades crease far too much. My favourite is Trespassing Taupe which is a beautiful matte brown, the shades I like are  Bootleg Brown and Bad Girl Bronze. The other brand I'm currently loving that Icovetthee recommended are the No7 Stay Perfect Shade and Define, they are creamy and absolutely beautiful; I have the shades Cool Mink and Velvet Truffle.

Now on to the main crayons that have been everywhere the past year or so; Lip crayons, those beautiful mystical creatures. I have an abundance of these in various shades and finishes, my favourites have to be the Seventeen lip crayons that I got in a set of four at Christmas. They are super moisturising and pigmented plus they last longer than most others I've tried.  The other brands I'd suggest are the new Collection Lip Butters, the Barry M Hi Shine Lips and the Revlon offerings. I've found a few other cheaper options in the form of the Chit Chat range at Poundland and the Primark range.

No comments:

Post a Comment