Sunday 17 August 2014

Things I thought were over-hyped but that are actually amazing.

There are a few things I thought were over-hyped but that are actually amazing, I see a lot of people raving about products and when I try them I find out they're not exactly the amazing products that they were hyped up to be. Fortunately every so often these wonderful products turn out to be everything they were meant to be and become a part of my regime.

Tangle Teezer - 

I figured this was just a massive gimmick, £12 for a hair brush seemed ridiculous but since I bought this I haven't used any other of my brushes.  I'm not sure how or why this works but it does, this little brush de-tangles my hair even at it's worst. I used to have real trouble after washing my hair trying to brush it without losing half of my hair but this has stopped me having to struggle, all in all this is something I'd suggest every female needs.

Garnier Micellar Water-

I thought micellar water was some new over-hyped make up remover and would be equally as rough and abrasive on the skin/eyes as all the other make up removers I've tried but the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is so gentle on my eyes and doesn't leave them stinging or sore. This is also super cheap which is a bonus, this removes every single bit of make up from my face; even a super pigmented eye look.

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser -

This was a recent purchase that I'm glad I bought in to, using this in the shower helps to prevent the dry tight feeling I get after having a shower and even using this alone would be sufficient to keep my skin hydrated but I often go over this with another moisturiser once I'm out of the shower. This really is an excellent product and one I'd suggest everyone give at least one try, especially since it's under £5!

Vasaline Spray & Go-

This is another moisturising product I thought was just a gimmick but I actually love, as you can tell by these two products I'm lazy when it comes to moisturising. This is super easy to use; I just spray my whole body lightly and then rub it in, this removes the repeated picking up and putting down the bottle of moisturiser with slippy hands. Winner!

Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner -

I heard about liquid exfoliators through the blog world and this is one that I've heard so many people rave about, I didn't see how liquid exfoliators would make any difference to my skin but boy was I wrong. This toner is amazing and really helps to keep my skin looking fresh and healthy, It's not exactly cheap at around £25 but it's totally worth is since it lasts for ages and really does make your skin look a lot better.

Origins Drink Up Intense -

I heard so many people blog about this mask and I figured it was just a rip off at £22 for  face mask but this is a real miracle worker. This is suggested for use when your skin is dry/dehydrated but I've found this also works wonders for breakouts, I use this whenever my skin is acting up and the next day it's looking perky again. This is another product that lasts for ages, I got this for my birthday in February and it's only just running out. This is something I will definitely repurchase again and again.

Holika Holika BB cream-

I tried a few western BB creams and quickly realised they were not for me but after trying out a few different Korean products I decided to give the Korean BB creams a try. I went for the Holika Holika BB creams in Clearing and Moisture and it was a good decision because these are amazing! These BB creams are everything that other BB creams promised and they seriously do blend to match your skin, they have a variety of types depending on what your skin type is; as my skin varies from oily to dry I got both types to mix and match to my needs.

MUA Pro-Base Fixing Mist -

I'd heard a lot of people rave about setting sprays but didn't see how adding more liquid to my face would help with controlling oil, I didn't want to splash out on the Urban Decay offering so I thought I'd try a cheaper alternative before committing. This really helps to keep my make up on all day long and means I don't have to powder or blot nearly as much and there's no separation of my make up. I definitely suggest trying this out before you buy any of the more expensive options.

Benefit The POREfessional -

This product gets raved about so much I always wanted to try it but the £25 price tag put me off so when I saw a free sample of this with a magazine I had to try it and I fell in love. I've tried so many matte primers and none of them can compare to this bad boy, this keeps the skin matte and blurs any imperfections which is what we're all looking for right? I think this is something definitely worth investing in if you get oily skin that means you require multiple touch ups during the day.

Urban Decay Naked 2 & 3-

Everybody and their mum raves about these palettes so I obviously I went around buying all the "dupes" I could find but eventually decided to give in and buy the real deal. I have many high end palettes but these are the ones I reach for most because the shade selection is amazing and the formula is buttery soft. I like that you get 12 shades for £37 where as with MAC for example you'd have to pay £45 just for 3 shades to put in your palette. I am planning on buying the original palette and I have the Naked Basics but I love these two palettes more than any other palette in my collection.

Urban Decay Primer Potion -

I've tried a lot of different eye shadow primers trying to keep my eye shadow in place but none of them have been what I was looking for, the one that I'd heard so many people hype up was the Urban Decay Primer Potion so when I got a free set of these with each of my Naked Palettes I couldn't have been happier. This truly is magic, I have super oily lids but with this my eye shadow stays on for hours compared to the usual hour wear I'd get. This is something I will be investing in when my samples run out, I've not tried all of them but Eden is my favourite so far.

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara -

I never used to wear mascara on my bottom lashes because because it always seems to smudge and flake so I end up looking like a panda/zombie. I figured all these people raving about the bottom lash mascara were probably drawn in by the cute tiny brush but it is the formulation that makes this mascara so amazing. This formula doesn't smudge or flake no matter what it is put through, it's seriously a magic mascara!

No comments:

Post a Comment